Olive Oil Cookies
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• Pinch salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup olive oil, plus a little for cookie sheet
• 3/4 cup , or a little more, dry red wine
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs with the olive oil and wine. Use a rubber spatula to stir the liquid mix into the dry one, just until well combined; if the mixture is stiff, add a little more wine.
2. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and back 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool a couple of minutes, then remove the cookies to a rack to cool further.
Pair with 2007 Foxen Pinot Noir.
Suggestion: support your local economy and buy local olive oil such as Global Garden’s Olive Oil (seen in photo above) or olive oils made by your local winery.